1. “Competitive or negotiated? Yes, it still makes a difference,” Annual Conference of Association for Budgeting and Financial Management, Washington, DC, September 2019.
2. “The impact of overhead costs on donations to human service nonprofits: The controversy with soliciting overhead-free donations,” European Research Network on Philanthropy, Basel, Switzerland, July 2019, with Margaret Sloan and Peter Schubert
3. “Revisiting overhead aversion: A meta-analytical review,” European Research Network on Philanthropy, Basel, Switzerland, July 2019, with Jiahuan Lu and Cheon Lee
Recent Journal Publications
1. Charles, C., Sloan, M.F. & Butler, J.S. (2021). Capital structure determinants for arts nonprofits. Nonprofit Management and Leadership. Article first published online https://doi.org/10.1002/nml.21454
2. Charles, C., Sloan, M. F. & Schubert, P. (2020). If someone else pays for overhead, do donors still care? American Review of Public Administration, 50(4-5): 415-427.
3. Kim, M., Charles, C. & Pettijohn, S. (2019). Challenges in the use of performance data in management: Results of a national survey of human service nonprofit organizations. Public Performance and Management Review, 42(5): 1085-1111.